We remind that the Russian Federation, by the active engagement of its army on Ukraine’s territory, has violated the 2014 Minsk Protocol, whereby cease fire was reached in the East Ukraine conflict. The Russian Federation has also violated the United Nations Charter, the Final Helsinki Act, as well as the 1994 Budapest Memorandum. By this undertaking, the Russian Federation has jeopardised peace and stability both in Europe and in the entire world, and the citizens of Serbia too are going to feel the repercussions.
The organisations gathered around the Three Freedoms Platform voice their solidarity with the citizens of Ukraine and urge the leadership of the Russian Federation to respect the international humanitarian law, stop the civilian casualties, terminate the missile discharging and shelling of civilian facilities and immediately abandon the threat of nuclear attack against the whole world in order to attain its own goals.
We appeal to both sides in the conflict to protect journalists who report from the field. Unfortunately, the truth is the first victim of every war, and reporting in accordance with professional standards is crucial in such moments to protect human lives.
We call upon the institutions of the Republic of Serbia to do everything to provide humanitarian assistance to the population of Ukraine, to prepare for possible arrival of refugees from war-ravaged areas as well as to provide humanitarian and any other aid to the countries bordering Ukraine in order to prevent humanitarian disaster caused by the high influx of refugees.
- Autonomous Women’s Centre
- A 11 – Initiative for Economic and Social Rights
- Belgrade Centre for Security Police
- Belgrade Centre for Human Rights
- Catalyst Balkans,
- Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability (CRTA),
- Center for Cultural Decontamination (CZKD),
- Civic Initiatives,
- Helsinki Committee for Human Rights in Serbia,
- Youth Initiative for Human Rights
- The Lawyers’ Committee For Human Rights (YUCOM)
- Independent Journalists’ Association of Serbia
- New Optimism,
- Partners Serbia,
- Slavko Curuvija Foundation,
- Trag Foundation.